Tuesday 25 June 2013

Loads of accessories!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I am finally getting a chance to share photos of some of the accessories that I picked up on June 15th when I last went garage saling. In addition to finding the leather jacket and skirt, and the cute summery dress, I managed to pick up some nice pieces to co-ordinate with existing outfits.


At one sale, I found two scarves, and a pair of long, white knit gloves for a quarter a piece. The gloves happen to go nicely with the off-white leather jacket. And they are not too thick or heavy, so will be great for keeping a fall chill at bay.


It was a banner day for purses. I came across a cute red Nine West purse at a sale where I also picked up a pair of blue Etnies. I paid $5 for both items, which were the tagged prices. She was asking $3 for the purse and $2 for the shoes. There was also a top I was interested in priced for $3. I tried to negotiate, but she was not flexible.



I was iffy on the top, unsure whether it would fit, so I put that back. But since I really wanted both the purse and shoes, and they were in great condition, I paid full price.  I already have a red purse, but not 'this' shade of red. So obviously I needed this one too!


Another sale had some Star Wars novels that I picked up for my son, for fifty cents a piece. Then I spied some purses on the ground. The brown and blue shades were both voids in my wardrobe, and I liked the styles of each, so I gathered those as well. They wanted $2 each for the purses, but I offered $1 each and they accepted.


My last find of the day was a pair of pink low rise sneakers. The seller had bought them from Value Village, as it so happens. They still had the price tag of $9.99 inside one shoe. They were asking $1, which I happily paid.




I had also picked up the sunglasses at an earlier sale in the day for fifty cents. And the grey-brown coloured top set me back $1. I really like the shirring on the sleeves.




All in all it was a good haul. Especially since there really hadn't been too many sales that day.





I did not get out to any garage sales this past weekend, but did find my way to a couple of thrift stores, so that post will follow.


Nifty, thrifty and (almost) fifty,


Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment